The printed copy of the Stata Journal was mailed to subscribers on September 30, 2013.
Subscribers in the U.S. and Canada, please allow one week for your issue to
arrive. Subscribers outside the U.S. and Canada, please allow two weeks for
your issue to arrive.
The electronic copy of the Stata Journal was emailed to subscribers
on September 17, 2013.
Here is the table of contents for this issue:
(Click on the title to view the abstract or to order the article.)
Programs (ado-files and hlp-files) from the Stata Journal can be installed on
your machine from within Stata. If you have the
of Stata and an Internet connection, type
Articles and Columns
- Estimation of multivalued treatment effects under conditional independence
- M. Cattaneo, D. Drukker, and A. Holland
- Simulation-based sample-size calculation for designing new clinical trials and diagnostic test accuracy studies to update an existing meta-analysis
- M. J. Crowther, S. R. Hinchliffe, A. Donald, and A. J. Sutton
- Response mapping to translate health outcomes into the generic health-related quality-of-life instrument EQ-5D: Introducing the mrs2eq and oks2eq commands
- J. Ramos-Goñi, O. Rivero-Arias, and H. Dakin
- Computing adjusted risk ratios and risk differences in Stata
- E. C. Norton, M. M. Miller, and L. C. Kleinman
- marginscontplot: Plotting the marginal effects of continuous predictors
- P. Royston
- Valid tests when instrumental variables do not perfectly satisfy the exclusion restriction
- A. Riquelme, D. Berkowitz, and M. Caner
- Copula-based maximum-likelihood estimation of sample-selection models
- T. Hasebe
- A short guide and a forest plot command (ipdforest) for one-stage meta-analysis
- E. Kontopantelis and D. Reeves
- Distribution-free estimation of heteroskedastic binary response models in Stata
- J. R. Blevins and S. Khan
- Financial portfolio selection using the multifactor capital asset pricing model and imported options data
- M. F. Dicle
- Allocation of ordered exclusive choices
- M. Sangnier
- lclogit: A Stata command for fitting latent-class conditional logit models via the expectation-maximization algorithm
- D. Pacifico and H. Yoo
- Speaking Stata: Trimming to taste
- N. J. Cox
- Software Updates
. net sj 13-3
and follow the displayed options and instructions. You could also select
SJ and User-written Programs from the Help menu. Select
http://www.stata-journal.com/software from the resulting help window,
then sj13-3, and follow the on-screen options and instructions.
See the Stata Journal FAQ for more details.
For those not currently subscribing to the Stata Journal, subscriptions may be
ordered online from the
if you have questions about the Stata Journal.